CSCS Question (1 Viewer)

Most of our clients request access to the base lift at 2.7m for render jobs, we just put in the paperwork that its the clients resposibility to control un-authorised persons from accessing the scaffold.

What u have to remember is it doesnt matter about lift heights as 1 ladder can access 3 lifts side on but in the hierachy of access str cses are prefered.
As as for not fixing ladders on the base lift i see where your coming from with that & agree on a street job but anywhere else its just as easy to restrict the access rather thsn keep removing it

With the Ladder question in the CSCS handbook it was not intended to be aimed at scaffolding but as a general rule for using ladders as a means of access.

This is the trouble I find with the CSCS test as it cover's subjects the a time served scaffolder (operative or manager) would never need to use within his working life.

That is until the work load dries up and the individual needs to look outside of the scaffolding industry for employment.

Im sure the 9m ladder ht was based on crane access,9 mtrs being the max climb to next platform. would give crane operator staged break.

Thats right. But your first ladder lift wont be from ground level, where you need that high a clearance like ie: over a pavement.

You'll have a gantry, at x height, with more then likely a staircase leading upto welfare containers and such, then your independant would be built from there, no?

Even a house front or flats, theres hardly ever a fixed ladder from the ground to first lift, due to the possibilty of the public climbing the ladder.

No?

No.:laugh:

Im sure the 9m ladder ht was based on crane access,9 mtrs being the max climb to next platform. would give crane operator staged break.

Dont think so m8 you can still buy em at gens like i said previously side oon & access 3-4 lifts .

Strangely enough though i was told earliertoday we were pulled up by a SSO about a 6m ladder going up to a 4th lift which he didnt like, till it was pointed out that is was both tied & tagged with h/r around the top and directed to the hse website reguarding max ladder heights- havernt heard anything else about it but expect to 2moro.....gota be a SO on the forum giving out our secrets lol

Wtf:laugh: lol u know wot marra i have trouble understanding your txts @ the best of times but this time i'm totally gobsmacked lolol:p

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Den thats the typical bullshiite baffles brains answer to give a saftey officer lol

lol i wa sunder the impression the topic was for accsess on to scaffold some people may use a ladder 9m max and some a sway and sway are to b fitted max every 6 bay and with in 300mm of a node point. come on southern ;)

Ok erm right ....think i'm getting where ur comin from lol...still a pretty fvuked up thought process though lol

Not my subject but I believe that comes under "vertical ladders" which unless mistaken has to have a platform every 6m

Top Bottom