Help with my nvq for my part 2

Hi. Q1 - fulcrum point.
It is the point where the inside scaffold balances with the outside scaffold

Monday was a private an 500 quid to get it up an on site 4 quid a meter up an 2 quid down an timber frame is 5 up 2.50 down u can earn a lot of money not doin to bad this wk got another private tomoz not sure the money till I get in the yard but my labourer will clear 320 min this wk but best labourer I've ever had an not bin doin it long

Trying my best phantom taking some thinking about hope ive been of some help. I'll keep picking my brains

Hi all I am having some trouble with some of my questions for my NVQ, so was hoping some one could help :)

Q1. On a cantilever scaffold which point of the scaffold is known as fulcrum point?

point were the internal scaffold meets the external scaffold

Q2. Explain what the chords are in relation to prefabricated beams used for scaffolding?

the longest lenghts of a beam top and bottom hoziontaly there cords

Q3. When using prefabricated beams, which chord should be plan braced compression or tension?

compression (top when bridging bottom when sailing out )

Q4. How often are tie tubes required in the bottom chords of a pair of prefabricated scaffoldings beams?

every 2.2 m i think

Q5. Can ladder beams be fixed together and used as columns?

yes

Q6. How can you improve the performance of prefabricated beams?

install them correctly and fully braced up etc

Q7. Is a single guardrail adequate protection for a scaffolder to work within, in relation to for protection?

yes

Q8 what is the NASC code of practice covering fall protection for scaffolders working safely while erecting and dismantling scaffolding?

sg 4 : 10 sg = safety guild lines

Q9. State what equipment is associated with fall arrest?

harness

Q10. State the requirements that Anchorage points must fulfil?

bwetween to load bearing fittings eg 2 doubble on a hand rail/ ledger

Q11. How would you clean your harness?

warm water no soap or detergent

Q12. States where procedures for rescuing a person from the floor while wearing a harness should be kept?

dont unserstand this 1 whos wearing the harness you or them am asuming site office dont quote me

Thanks in Advanced

howd i do inspector lol

Last edited:
More questions for the cause,

Q1 where should scaffolds with protection fans attached to them, be tired to the building?
Q2 why must scaffolding boards and tubes not touch the edge of a chimney to form a scaffold tie?
Q3 what is the minimum width of a working platform around the chimney?
Q4 State the minimum amount of boards a scaffolder is required to work from??
Q5 are scaffolders required by law to wear and attach harnesses that are provided??

Good luck

Q1 ties should be put in on the same lift as the fan is coming off of ( ideally).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Q4 3 boards. Q5 common sense

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Q1: fulcrum point on a cantilever scaffold is were there is the most bounce

sorry to be correct but you are wrong my friend in laboss terms fulcrum point is simply the tipping point.or point of no return where as the structure could collapse. or the strongest point not to be exceeded unless you 3xthe strength greater than what you are erecting this come under terms of weight and projection scaffolds will not spin never have never will

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

q.1 the tipping point
q.2top chord in compression bottom in tension
q.3 plan brace under top chord
q.4bottom chords tied in at least 3 places max 2.4 centres
q.5 yes for heavy duty gantry scaffolds or for design on alternative jobs
q.6 if you can canterliever up to the beams or brace back increase plan brace reduce chord space
q.7yes
q.8 bsen12811/tg20.08 in compliance with sg4.05
q.9 lanyards inhersha reels recovery blocks if required on job
q10. x2 load bearing points
q11. brush down or use a compressed air line
q12. store room or near the job in question if theres no mechanical aid all down to what is on your m.s r.a
any problems bud just drop me a thread on question 12 the site should have a recovery response time iam not quite sure how you worded it but any probs drop me a thread glad I could help

Q4 as per the design drawingQ8 SG4:10
Just to correct the above

Last edited:
A can't see what people struggle with personally,

Minus the evidence, drawings etc the portfolio really is simple,

Unless your from boro and your a ******, you might not get any spare time from s.hagging ya sister!

Hello every one need some help can ladder beams be fixed together and used as columns

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Can some one give me some answers please if u can thanks Q1 explain what the chords are in relation to prefabricated beams. Q2 how meny times should puncheons be fixed to a beam. Q3 on cantilever scaffolds which point of the scaffold is known as the fulcrum point. Q4 what is the nasc code of practice covering fall protection for scaffs working safely while erecting and dismantling .Q5 state the requirements that anchorage point must fulfil. Q6 how do u clean your harness

Its all on here Paul, use the search facility. It wouldn't benefit you just giving you the answers.
You won't learn anything that way.

Top Bottom