Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thailand scaffolding jobs.

Thanks

Default Thailand scaffolding jobs.

Hello all, moving to Thailand next year and wondering what scaff courses would be beneficial for me to do. Currently part 2 and going to do the old supervisour course and offshore BOISET/MIST. Would like to do the Advanced but to much hassle to complete the portfolio, probably never get it done.
    Any advice would be great,, specialy if there are anyother scaffs in Thailand that could give me some advice. I know there are a lot of petrol/chemical projects going on near Chonburi but willing to travel. We will be based in Chiang Mai.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodsie For This Useful Post:

scaffrog (26th February 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 782 Posts

are there even scaffs in thailand ? cant imagine much safety

Thanks

I know what you mean, most use bamboo scaffold and ive seen some right abominations from tube n fitting but there are also a lot of oil companies out there and companies such as hurtel and cape to name a few.
    There`s offshore work in chonburi but ive heard its nearly impossible to land one of them jobs.
    Any guys living outhere n working out side the country, short contract middle east offshore work etc?
    Last edited by woodsie; 26th February 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks

Better you get sex change I hear the money if better for ladyboys LOL

Thanks

haha yeh i was expecting an answer like that sooner or later lol

Thanks

Hi Woodsie,

It will be nearly impossible to get work inland scaffolding. Thai's really only use Thai labour, and a work permit will be hard to get. Teaching English you may stand a chance, but any form of manual construction, no chance. Most of there scaffolding is bamboo, and stripping out brings a whole new meaning to "bombing," in the road, cars driving over it, hitting parked cars, total crazy. Health and safety in the North and North East is unheard of. I showed some lads to catch and stack, to make life easier, they thanked me with a bottle of Thai wiskey (rocket fuel) all got pi***d as farts, and they just carried on striking lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dingdong For This Useful Post:

woodsie (27th February 2011)

Thanks

I know mate i lived there for 4 years teaching english but just wondering if there is any work offshore or if any lads live there and work abroad some months of the year.
    A company called foster wheeler was advertising for scaff supervisour in Chonburi recently.
    Just like to hear from any scaffs if any living out there.

Thanks

i tried to apply for them, they asked what i wanted, i ended up laughing my self out their bangkok office, they wanted to pay me buttons thai salary, i tried for months with the outfits out their and got sick ov trying, so had to travel out of thailand for work

11. The Following User Says Thank You to darrenfielding For This Useful Post:

woodsie (24th April 2011)

Thanks

might be best off trying seek.com and try get on a oz rig , then its just a short flight into bkk ,

Thanks

Default Work in Thailand (Pattaya)

Up until Feb 2008, DSL had a business operating mainly onshore (Rig Yard) in Pattaya. They employed around 800 staff. When Siteserv bought DSL the operation in Thailand was not part of the deal and has continued independently ever since. I do not have any contact details or the current name of the company( if it was changed post 2008). They did employ Brits on the scaffold side of the business. Sorry if this info is rather vague, just hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast