Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: becoming a scaffold lecturer

Thanks

Default becoming a scaffold lecturer

could anyone please give me any information on or how to get qualified to teach such courses i currently have a pasma card part2 and cscs card.any info would be very helpful many thanks

Thanks

minimum nvq 3 ie advanced, a1 adult learning certificate, then you need to shadow an instructor on each of the 3 courses, i think you have to be assesed at end of each course, i am thinking of doing it myself, i am lucky as a good friend of mine already does instructing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,017 Posts

Spot on advice Orac m8

There was a opening at Newcastle college, last year for a lecturer in Scaffolding. As you say A1 assessor award, Advanced Scaffolder NVQ 3,full CRB check then there was a sliding pay scale as you got more qualified, and gained higher teaching qualifications, however, the starting salary was only in the region of 22k per annum.

Paddy

Thanks

Anybody know if a fella called John Martin is lecturing at newcastle college..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,017 Posts

Dont know if John Martin is there, but before xmas they were after one lecturer and one or Two teachers for the scaffolding dept

Paddy

Thanks

Sounds a great option for people who would like to put something back into the game,or for the rest of us with aching joints every morning.

Thanks

I am currently going through the A! Assessor training through my company, it is pretty intense stuff for an old git like me but i'm getting there!! to give a quick guide 1 portfolio with 3 candidates evidence etc, then check the evidence,plan for evidence, knock back if not good enough, recheck and it keeps on going... PS only a snippet of what is required but looking forward to finishing in.......ehhhh next 2010,12345.... i will let you know when it happens, dont hold breath...

Thanks

Good luck on it Scootay, always nice to see another scaff stepping up a notch and attempting to give summat back
    To Alcohol, The cause of and solution too, all of lifes problems - Homer Simpson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tinheads For This Useful Post:

scootay45 (22nd March 2010)

Thanks

John Martin is no longer at Newcastle. He is sub contracting and works in Cumbria much of the time.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Hiya Richard. You will also need to some teacher training and the minimum is PTLLS which you will almost certainly find at your local college.
    NASC etc are currently updating instructor requirements so this may change.

good luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richard challis View Post
    could anyone please give me any information on or how to get qualified to teach such courses i currently have a pasma card part2 and cscs card.any info would be very helpful many thanks
    PTLLS is now seen as a minimum for most teaching, for scaffolding CISRS you need to be Advanced level. However with your PASMA card (if over 12 months) you could look at doing the PASMA Instructor course? It costs but if your looking at crossing into the dark side of teaching option to consider plus you can also do this as a freelance option which may be of interest. see pasma website for more info.

But then is it ally towers your really look to teach or Tube & Fit?

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Will78; 22nd March 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast