Readylok (1 Viewer)

Jase222

Reaction score
Was out and about saturday doing a small job when we were having a nose at the scaffold next door,
The 5 board ready loks had been cut down to 3 board and joined with a sleeve , have to say this is a
new one on me !
Also does it comply? had a good disscusion all the way home

Cheers

I would say they are now compromised and that the sleeves would need to be spliced to get them even close to where they should have been.

That's mad. If you don't have 3 boards just do it with tube

That doesn't comply to any sort of regulation. It was hard enough to get the evidence together that the real ones works, let alone some that were made on site.

As derryscaff said, Just use Tube!

As long as you use ledger bracing with an aberdeen under the readylock. :laugh::laugh::nuts:

i remember back in the 80s there was a shortage of tube and the company i was working for started to weld short tube to make long 2 x 10 was the common one ,
i always worried about it at the time , but never heard of one failing

i remember back in the 80s there was a shortage of tube and the company i was working for started to weld short tube to make long 2 x 10 was the common one ,
i always worried about it at the time , but never heard of one failing

There is a company in the midlands still doing these welds (not in quite the same way) they are tested for value and should be safe to use.

Top Bottom