can someone please explain

bazzaffc

Reaction score
according to TG20;13 a transom must protrude through the single by a minimum of 25mm. does anyone know why it cannot be 10mm for instance?

probably something to do with how much the ledger would drop or something.

If the ledger dropped 2" before the tube resisted the drop the transom would still be sat on the ledger and through the clip but only to the end.

Someone who actually knows will be able to answer this better, I await Alan Reade's answer atleast he will be able to explain it aswell rather than guess!

Whilst the through length is there to accommodate the chance of slip It is only a dimension, and there had to be one, if it was 10mm someone would be on asking why not 5?
The purpose is to ensure the tube passes through the whole coupler (I have seen many that did not!)

Alan reade you are something else an engineer who can talk to scaffs in words we understand
your our very own guardianangel

Class
when learning my Game (still learning) I would ask WHY ? this way WHY ? not that way.
Many knew it had to be that way but the good ones could tell me why it had to be that way.
THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SCAFF AND A GOOD SCAFF

Of course EN74 is the real regulation that dictates how these fittings should be treated. The 25mm thing is just a recommendation and the single is just as strong if flushed.

Top Bottom