Bilfinger looking for Offshore Scaffs. (1 Viewer)

offshore is pathetic now, can earn more over the 6 weeks working at home not even doing 12 hour shifts. instead of out there doing 12's everyday away from your family, moneys out of it and full of wannabes most of whom dont have a clue.

Is it that bad now ? Binned it Oct 15 but got a couple of options on the hook ups that are going on.

offshore is pathetic now, can earn more over the 6 weeks working at home not even doing 12 hour shifts. instead of out there doing 12's everyday away from your family, moneys out of it and full of wannabes most of whom dont have a clue.

I cracked 70k last year. Not too shabby for 6 months work.

Baz

its not 6 months work though is it?its 12 hour shifts 7 days per week, thats 70 hours per week and not going home after it. its almost 2 weeks hours done in one week, only the little men in the corner stores do more than that and at least they get to see their family when they finish.

also going by your reckoning, you done 24 weeks work(you didnt really but lets see) and got £70,000 thats £2900 per week either before or after tax depending on what you based your 70k on, thats good going what rig did you earn that on?

its not 6 months work though is it?its 12 hour shifts 7 days per week, thats 70 hours per week and not going home after it. its almost 2 weeks hours done in one week, only the little men in the corner stores do more than that and at least they get to see their family when they finish.

What kind of scaff doesn't work in feet and inches? 12 x 7 = 84.

Baz

also going by your reckoning, you done 24 weeks work(you didnt really but lets see) and got £70,000 thats £2900 per week either before or after tax depending on what you based your 70k on, thats good going what rig did you earn that on?

4 weeks holiday + bonus

Untitled.jpg

my mistake 84 hours per week is correct, shows how many times ive done or had to do 12 hour shifts, not for me. thats called working yourself into an early grave.84 hours is more than 2 weeks work in 7 days, ridiculous.

my mistake 84 hours per week is correct, shows how many times ive done or had to do 12 hour shifts, not for me. thats called working yourself into an early grave.84 hours is more than 2 weeks work in 7 days, ridiculous.

It averages out a 42 hour work week over 7 days, 48 weeks a year (as 4 weeks holiday). Most jobs are 40+ hours over 5 days and overtime on weekends to make your money up.

Also being away from the family isn't really an issue. I may be away for 2 - 3 weeks at a time but then I get w - 3 weeks at home. I actually get more time with my family.

In a "normal" job you're working, for example, 7 - 4, so you're up and out before the kids are up, then by the time you get home and have something to eat you might get a couple of hours before the kids are in bed. Then working OT on the week too.
Offshore you do your time away and when you're home you're up to take the kids to school and then can go pick the kids up after school and spend the rest of the day with them. Weekends are also free as don't have to do overtime to make up the money from only working 5 days.

Get more family time in the long run, especially in the school holidays.

I think I know what I'd rather be doing, but that's just me.

ok so we are in agreement its not "for 6 months work" then. being away for 3 weeks at a time from your missus and kids is not in any way healthy if you ask me, ive done it when my kids where young and i regret it, i said all the same things about seeing them more and trying to justify how "i actually see them more" but not being there every night and tucking them into bed for 3 weeks at a time is unhealthy not to mention the effect it has on your relationship with the missus, each to their own i suppose.

On 2&2 there is nothing worse than a Monday check in, only get 1 full weekend off if you have to travel on a Sunday. Wednesday check in only please..

Top Bottom