Advice on T&C's (1 Viewer)

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
I have recently been advised my Terms and Condtions on my quotations are not adequate. I'm a member of the FSB so will check with them too but wanted to ask for advice from people that know the industry. My terms are below:

All quotes valid for 28 days. Any damage to scaffold material will be charged at the going rate to be replaced at the time. This quote includes 16 weeks hire each week there after will be charged at 5% of percentage of scaffold remaining.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many scaffolding contractors quotations have 1-2 pages of T&C's covering things from expected payment periods, retention and latent defects, access and egress, insurance limitations,supervision, addition of vat, charging of additional works and adaptions, Restrictions e.g. pavement licences and lighting.
In fact if it can effect your works or income you may well be wanting to mention it before entering into contract.
Try to get hold of a larger contractors quotation and see if his t&c's are of use to you. (be careful of copyrights though)
If you are just carrying out a small business you may not want to confuse the issue with a robust set of terms, but if you are getting big then you will need to properly protect your companies position in contract law.

iam still adding to ours after 22 years , you gotta have it in writing and accepted ,

the best one i started using is strictly 14 day payment terms :bigsmile:

Scaffolding to be cleared and swept of any debis before our arrival to dismantle.
Nothing worse than turning up and the scaffold is left with materials still on it.

You need to add that as well as a charge for damaged scaffold materials there will be a charge for transport and handling of the replacement scaffold.
Fuel and time if you pick it up yourself or supplier delivery charge and if you have not got any yard staff someone having to hang around for the delivery

Here are three easy ones you might want to include mb, basic stuff but important to scaffolding contractors.
'Main Contractor to supply a firm and level foundation from which we can base out the scaffold'. - 'M/C to provide a Solid access for our vehicles to and from our point('s) of erection' - 'Due to the temporary nature of scaffolding work retention will not be applied to our account'

Thank you everyone. I didn't get notification of any more comments! So only just seen this....

Top Bottom