Ready locks tips advice needed

grafter

Reaction score
Never used ready locks how would you do a splay with them if possible and if in a situation like corner leg on returns would you just not use one and any other tips be useful on these please

base out with foot tie ready lok upside down on floor , 21 as inside ledger
yes you do yes ready lok on a corner
a swivel is the same distance from ledger if you introduce a new standard
i used to mark off all inside standards to bottom of ready lok and bubble across all in before installing ledgers.

There are loads of tricks

Sorry what you mean swivel is same distance from ledger

So if you put a 1 corner Standerd in with ready lock you don't put one in other end of ready lock just put ledger in

Sorry what you mean swivel is same distance from ledger

the ledger and fixing on the node point using ready lok is about 2cm apart if you introduce a standard to a ledger using a double the standards are not in line , if one uses a swivel thickness of this fitting will bring all the standards in line ( credit to ross c who straight me that ).

So you would put corner Standerd on a swivel you mean sorry just can't picture it got a pic anyone please

no corner standard goes on ready lok ... swivel tip is only when scaffold build and you have adaptions to do

With readylock I would put the transom in with the two standards at the end

No it goes on the dog bone. I always put the extra standard in on the return dog bone, it stops the boards kicking round and it saves you a dropper. Don't butt your dog bone to the ledger though or your corner will run in. Measure your dog bone an inch and a half from the face of the ledger to centre of dog bone to get it square.

When doing a splay put the dog bones in at the same mark and lap the gap with short boards. Similar to system.

Would also highly recommend investing in the tamer toe board clips as well so you get a nice closed boarded platform and some klawz doubles for puncheons and beam work.

We swear by ready locks. Save time and gear, easy to set out and very little measuring.
I think a few points raised are that yes your corner standard goes on a ready lock and the other end just sits on your ledger.
The swivel point raised is if you need to add a standard anywhere instead of putting it on a double put it on a swivel as it will be the same distance away as the ready locks as the box on the ready is wider than if on a double! This is a job we put up last week in ready lock - 19961339_1489918011064530_2198021045991934200_n.jpg

To do a splay in them. Build individual bays then join them inside and out on the standards with butts 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom, then drop a standard down the butts each side!

Cheers for advice Be handy to sees splay done in them if any pics of that atal or any close upside ready locks in use

So to do a splay keep all same height put a tube on doubles under bones connecting 2 in side standerds and same on out side and put a Standerds in middle on a dog bone or swivels then lap boards over gap and slide a tranny on doubles Standerd to Standerd to pick up if gap big enough does that sound right if you get me if not can some one draw me a diagram if poss would appreciate it know how to do splay with clips just never done any work with ready locks just trying to educate my self

Top Bottom