Comparing Ringlock Scaffold brands (1 Viewer)

scaffler

Reaction score
The company I work for are investing in some ringlock (Layher type scaffold). I have used Layher a bit and really like it, but it is a bit pricey compared to other brands on the market such as Scaffom Rux, Trad Plettac Metrix, Atpac, Pilosio.
So I would welcome all feedback from anybody that has used Layher and at least one of the above mentioned other brands.

Thanks in advance. :smile1:

They are all much the same despite each individual manufacturer claiming to be the best. Layher does have a few more component parts and will probably manufacture almost anything specific you may require for an individual job. I would be a bit more swayed by who had the most comprehensive instruction manual allowing the user ever more freedom to do their job without involving too many design engineers. I would carefully consider Metrix, if only for the advanced guardrail system.

We have a couple of similar ring type scaffolds and while there isn't much difference I would say that Layher do have the edge with their support, stock is never an issue and the build quality is second to none

I've recently been having a look at different systems with a view to investing. I came across OKTOLOK and fancied it as it can be mixed with T&F. I've not been able to find who supplies it though and just wondered if any knows who does???

That's what I found but nothing on there website.

Can't see it but it was there before unless they have stopped manufacturing it

Yeah could be the case. Looks a great system. EA are the only firm I've seen use it down our end. Have you used it Derry?

No looked at it before but will stay with the cuplock. It's fast and a lot cheaper and u can use 13ft boards with it so ticks a lot of boxes.

Layher is the best for quality,supply,design support,back up and holds its price in market so your investing in a good asset
the copys come and go like Octolok and then your left with kit you cant get parts for
don't be short sighted on the price and consider all what you get for the price you pay
you will get the benefits in labour svings
Layher are the biggest and best that's why there the market leaders
They will be around in another 30 years and there parts will last a lifetime so its a no brainer
All the copiers are good for is keeping Layher prices competitive

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

for got to say Layher do a advanced guardrail similar to the metrix
nothing new there its been on market for over 20 years in France
Layher promote step using consoles rather than guardrail

good luck and make some money

There are a fair few Ringscaffs on the market but I think the originals were the Plettac and Layher systems from Germany. There are various pros and cons against each other but both companies take a real pride in the quality of the products.

OKTOLOK took my fancy cos you use 13ft boards and extenda transoms. Looks a great way to mix T&F with a layher type system. I think it's gone out of production cos I can't find it anywhere.

Aren't the guard rail heights slightly out though mate?

Just add third rail if using the extenda transom. With cuplock we use 13ft on main platform and have just recently started to use omega boards on inside which make adjustments a lot easier

Aren't the guard rail heights slightly out though mate?

They are if you use tube as a transom. I don't think they are if you use the intermediate (board bearer) transoms as they lie flatter then. As Derry said though the other option is to use a third handrail.

Top Bottom