Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hire company dispute

Thanks

Unhappy Hire company dispute

I started up 4/5 years ago and have a very stressful problem. we had a big job to do and I couldn't do it with my kit alone. Has anybody had a scaffolding hire company say to you, you still owe them kit after it has been taken back? they obviously cant count! get in contact with me and tell me how you resolved it without wasting time in court. The hire company yard staff are mostly agency and some cant even speak English let alone count kit back in. when you drop kit off there is such a back log of kit to count in your told to just leave it and they will count it later!... Every single thing went back and I'm being made to feel like a criminal.

southernpoofter Guest

Who did you hire from

Thanks

Dsl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justin peachey View Post
    I started up 4/5 years ago and have a very stressful problem. we had a big job to do and I couldn't do it with my kit alone. Has anybody had a scaffolding hire company say to you, you still owe them kit after it has been taken back? they obviously cant count! get in contact with me and tell me how you resolved it without wasting time in court. The hire company yard staff are mostly agency and some cant even speak English let alone count kit back in. when you drop kit off there is such a back log of kit to count in your told to just leave it and they will count it later!... Every single thing went back and I'm being made to feel like a criminal.
    Sorry Justin,
    not a nice situation BUT..................
    If you did not get a signed returns ticket you have very little to help your case.
    I assume that you were made to sign for everything you took or had delivered irrespective of how busy you or they were?
    There would be a reason for that.

Did you take pictures of the returned loads?
    Did you get anything signed to say you made a return?

You may need to put this in the learning curve box.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,546 Posts

Cool

I love paperwork.

judgerinder1.jpg
    Sense of humour and thick skin is essential in this game

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER For This Useful Post:

Alan Reade (31st March 2015), philliosmaximus (1st April 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Reade View Post
    Sorry Justin,
    not a nice situation BUT..................
    If you did not get a signed returns ticket you have very little to help your case.
    I assume that you were made to sign for everything you took or had delivered irrespective of how busy you or they were?
    There would be a reason for that.

Did you take pictures of the returned loads?
    Did you get anything signed to say you made a return?

You may need to put this in the learning curve box.
    Just to let you know, we won the dispute. They accepted that there paperwork is a mess and have issued me with credit! I'm very happy. although this should be the out come as it was the truth. luckily for them nobody has been hurt because I'm too honest to screw people.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justin peachey For This Useful Post:

Dandaps (2nd April 2015)

Thanks

well done Justin being as honest as you mate that should move us scaffs up the trustworthy trades list.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,366 Times in 3,057 Posts

Always a short fall mate no matter what you do it's their count that they use ,

I have seen them throw sort tube or bent to one side to be cut up later and it is just counted as a non return ,

We where 1500 fittings short one time only for the yard foreman to find the ton bags a week later where the thick forklift driver dumped them and forgot all about them
    #scafflivesmatter

Thanks

This is why I am glad I do not hire in gear anymore, had the same happen to us

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justin peachey View Post
    Just to let you know, we won the dispute. They accepted that there paperwork is a mess and have issued me with credit! I'm very happy. although this should be the out come as it was the truth. luckily for them nobody has been hurt because I'm too honest to screw people.
    Well done Justin,
    but don't be fooled, just because their paperwork was not in order does not mean you should not get your own paperwork right.

Always best to avoid hire kit where possible, you end up renting it for years and then paying replacement cost for kit "not returned"

be lucky
    regards
    Alan

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alan Reade For This Useful Post:

allscaff (2nd April 2015), Gerscaff (2nd April 2015), philliosmaximus (2nd April 2015)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast