smart scaffolder

outward bound

Reaction score
I need to ask anyone out there is they have found any issues / problems with the use of the smart scaffolder such has :

the scaffold boards clashing with the standards "independent"
ladders used in birdcage scaffolds not sitting on the scaffolds boards and clashing with the ladders.

the software is not cheap and wondered if others had any issues

cheers OW

I hope not as i've been toying with the idea of purchasing this for some time- the only thing that stopped me was theie unwillngness to either give me a days training prior to purcase to make sure its what i need & also user friendly

In relation to your query the system is only as good as your survey of the job I take it your on about the design of scaffolds designs,this is an expensive bit of kit and like sp says in relation to set up an training one day to try an take all this format in is just not enough even though they do online support we tried it and struggled with it so never parted with thousands of pounds

i will be honest I cant blame you, we have the software but cads are not good at saying ok there is something wrong with it.... it appears to be still in the testing stages while they are selling it at the full price... be careful when buying it

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

on a different note if yo0u would like screen shots of the issues then I will be more than happy to send these so you can make your own mind up...also it is not fully compliant toTG20:13 and some of the design features do not reflect the true nature of the scaffold is erected such as every return shows the boards underneath so in theory the ledgers would end up being at different on all 4 sides of square building

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

when spending that kind of money you expect things to be good but far from it

Hi Guys. Firstly I would like to point out that we offer training and support for all of our customers, and to those who are considering buying. All software is supplied with detailed user guides. The SMART Scaffolder website also contains a vast range of product videos, go to www.smartscaffolder.com

Any customers experiencing technical issues can contact the CADS Hotline Technical Support service, alternatively if you would prefer to contact me directly please send me a private message giving a brief description of the problem. Please remember to include your contact details so I can reply.

In relation to product development & testing. Our development team are keen to explore ways to enhance SMART Scaffolder, after all many features are born from customer feedback. Take the BIM Toolbox for example. Customers asked for a quick and simple way to trace over site drawings to generate 3d models, material lists, costs & quotes.

I hope this helps? Please contact me if you have any further questions, or telephone Julie at CADS Head Office on 01202 603 031.

I used SMART scaffolder software a few years back and found like all software packages it had good points and some idiosyncratic drawbacks. This said however it is a good tool for estimating purposes and did offer some useful basic design's if the spec's input was correct.
The question really is will your business improve and grow profitably utilizing estimating software.

totally agree binthere although make sure it works on all aspects before purchasing it once you have the software - refunds are virtually 0 bought as seen as they say.

no good using something if it does not do the job

I' m sorry Gary but that wasnt the case with me. After an initial call back from a saleswoman after sending an enquiry i was beseiged with sales calls from her but after the initial enquiry where i was told that other than product support you did not give training - i was expecting something for free & told her that i really wanted to come & try it to see if it was suitable to my needs and was willing to pay for this but would expect the price of the software to be reduced accordingly if i decided to purchase the full package- i was politely told this wasnt something you did.....now call me stupid but i thought this was an ideal way to promote your sales & give training at the same time & so reduce your costs in the long run by not constantly having to answer queries & questions & how do i do this/ that- unfortunately this attitude did nothing to make me wish to purchase your product - which is a shame as it may have been beneficial to us.

For me it’s the best looking software currently on the market, it just depends what you want it to do? How varied the work you price is and whom you feel will benefit from the drawings and data generated buy the software.

In my opinion, it is not much more than a secretary and its biggest fault is that it is making estimators a thing of the past and or at best lazy. We have one employee who can dance around the modules and make a drawing give you a price etc., but he couldn't tell you if either the drawing or the price are correct

We use both T&F and Cuplok modules and both have issues.
You still need to be an estimator to check the output of the software.

That’s not to say that the people at CADS haven’t been of help and were possible they have remedied some of the issues raised, but most sit on a “wish list” not quite the name I would give them as some are fundamental to scaffolding and should be remedied as a matter course and of urgency.

The software is not a replacement for an estimator and needs more work from the team who would benefit from user input.

Top Bottom