hello from Perth WA (2 Viewers)

SumRandom

Reaction score
Hello all, first time posting.

After some input from fellow scaffolders in perth and NZ.

I am looking at doing the 3 levels of scaffolding in a few weeks basic, intermediate and advanced, I already have my working at heights, confined spaces, white card and soon to have my unrestricted HR.

I would like to know what you think job prospects would be like for someone like myself, I am aiming for FIFO work. Also in a few years we plan to move to NZ as my partner is from there.

So if you can answer any of the following it would be great.

*Do you think its worth spending a lot of money on to get my 3 tickets or is not the best of ideas?
*General job prospect's?
*FIFO job prospect's?
*Companies I should look out for or apply with.
*When/if I move to NZ will my tickets be recognized?

And or anything you would like to add to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Welcome to the forum Sum Ran. Probly the best person to advise you is havverspannawilltravel, Our resident expert on antipodean affairs. And 8' towers.
As for getting your tickets,best of luck mate.

To be honest most of the major projects in WA insist on 5 years experience. Unfortunately it is so easy to get a scaffold ticket in Oz so there are many many scaffolders in the marketplace. Put that alongside 3 LNG Projects in Queensland nearing completion and you have a glut.
There is some work in NZ but for less money. Drop aussiebob a line as he is our resident land of the long white cloud expert. Alternatively if you fancy a role in Dubai drop Vancouverleedslondonboy a line as he is our resident lucrative tax free jobs in Dubai expert.

Thanks Stella Fella

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Hi and thanks for the post havespannerwilltravel.
I'm a bit worried about spending 2-2.5k and taking two annual leave to do my certs.

Tbh a few people told me it was a easy way into mining but I'm coming across more who say it isnt. Honestly I'm trying to get away to save as much as I can for a house as in my current position I can't even get enough for half a house...So if that means here or abroad its something I an willing to do.

The courses I'm looking at doing start I. Just over a week so I need to make a decision asap. Just getting as much input as I can before then.

Thanks again.

Do your part 1 and take it from there. 1st foot on the ladder so to speak.
Altho as a man who wants to get into mining, I would ave thought a shovel n pick more useful than a spanna n bubble:rolleyes:

Would metro work just be as hard to get into in perth? Also looking around I can't see to find a average hourly rate for in the city or away. Can anyone give me a rough idea.

Cheers

S R . You could try speaking to or emailing Feona, based in Perth. Run inter/advanced courses, basic done as an assessment pathway. You can pm her or try feona@perthtrainingcentre.com.au .Have chatted on line briefly and she seems clued up as to career ops and work placement.

Top Bottom