Benefits of contract hiring a Scaffold Truck (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I've been selling and hiring Scaffolding trucks for 4 years now, flats, cranes, you name it I've sold or hired it. Over the past 18 months however I've seen a slight shift towards fully maintained contract hire by the larger scaffolding businesses, especially on crane lorries. I thought I would highlight the benefits of contract hire to Scaffolders Forum members for consideration and feedback.

In most cases Contract Hire is 100% Tax deductible, allowing you to deduct the full amount from the taxable income in other words the amount of tax to be paid.

Contract Hire is also a fixed weekly or monthly payment allowing you to have a clear understanding of your transport overhead with no unexpected hidden costs.

Fully maintained contract hire provides peace of mind with no expensive surprises along the way!! Repair bills on heavy commercials can be frightening and the downtime can be hugely problematic for business owners with a small fleet. By partnering with a contract hire firm, recovery, replacement vehicles and experienced mechanics are just a phone call away.

Above all, I feel that having the support of a contract hire firm will help your business grow. I am forever supplying vehicles on short 1-3 month terms to help with new contracts on subby work. You can plan for your busy times too!! If you require additional vehicles for short term contracts then partner with someone that understands the peaks and troughs of your business. I've seen small Scaffolding firms with one 3.5 tonne flat scale to 18 mixed vehicles over 4 years, we're not all cash rich and it is perhaps a more affordable option and less draining on your finances for transporting tubes and men.

Now with a face for Radio, I'm the last person to talk about image! but trust me it does matter! fresher looking vehicles raise your business profile and you will get noticed. I supply all my vehicles plain with no livery, spend £75 on Vinyl and advertise your business. When choosing a contract hire company make sure they don't penalize you or charge you a small fortune for placing livery on your vehicles and removing it at the end of contract.

I hope this is helpful.

Mark

Benefits of Contract Hiring a Scaffold Truck

If the truck has a gross plated weight of more than 3.5 tonnes or an unladen weight of more than 1,525 kilograms and you are using it for business use then you need an operating licence. It takes around 12 weeks to obtain one if you meet the criteria and around 6 weeks if you apply for an interim licence. I for example can only hire to you if you have an operating licence (in your own company name) and your own fleet insurance. As part of your operating licence you must have regular inspections carried out on the vehicle at set intervals (usually 6 weeks) however some restricted licences can be 10 or 12 weeks. As part of a contract hire agreement these inspections are inclusive of the hire rate. This is correct to my knowledge, however I don't work for VOSA :nuts:

Where abouts are you based...& whatsvthe estimated cost of say a 18 tonner for a 2 yr period

That's a very interesting post , i will PM you my email address and maybe you could send me some prices .

Top Bottom