Makita brushless impact wrench - are they the dogs danglies? (1 Viewer)

Gonna be picking up 2 on friday price has still tbc but looks like 160 for a bare unit.
trouble is if theirs no brushes to wear out & less friction then perhapa the motors/armitures will be more susceptible to wear & damage

Thinking of getting one of these hope they're better than the old one coz that's crap.
Is there more torque on these than the old ones, the hilti is brushless and that's **** hot.

Yep - jurys in the old btw251 ate all up for sale & we've now changed overvto the brushless model - everything you've heard is true, they're a great bit of kit. More powerfull than the old model & tbh am losing a few nuts lol but one of the reasons we changed was the NASCs change in tactics & their recent statement - we've now also done a full risk assessment on them incl HAVs & noise & have input the data into our RAMs - so even the saftey officers cant argue.

you can pick up a bare unit on ebay now for as little as £140

hi brothers my milwaukee 18 v is knackered again its nothing but an expensive waste of time 11 months old and second time its been back looks like another month to be fixed are they really worth the money

Any other scaffolders reviews on these yet? I'm after a drill but everyone I know has opted for the Hilti siw 22A

Cheers

Everyone I work with has a makita brushes iw. We all seem happy with rhem

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Very happy with my Bosch GDX, with 6a/h batteries, has proved superior to my old Hilti 22a in every way

Makita DTW281Z
Can't go wrong!

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Makita DTW281Z
Can't go wrong!

had one for a week ,very good bit of kit ,just trying to find a bi hex socket ,any ideas where from anyone?

Try beesleys. 01793 532566

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hi we have been undecided on the impact wrench issue , due to noise, weight, and lost nuts etc, we are due to test the makita DTW281z to see if it changes our minds!

Does anyone know the noise db level ( the hilti is 86db)

Does anyone use any ear protection?

How many batteries do you use a day and what amp

I have to say I've always been against the impact wrenches, but I'm looking forward to trying it out

Sean

Been scaffolding for 20years was never into them, but a few of my mates have them! I I can say I'm a full convert! Seen the Hilti, millwalkee and makita old one and brushless one. And have decided to go for makita brushless cuz even in the hand book setting 2 says use for scaffolding!

I have tried the makita 281 , it is nice to use but yeah on the belt!

I think will use it on big strikes when you can undo lots of fittings with one draw of the gun!

Only 1 needed in each gang , but they are also a gimmick and everyone will want one!

Top Bottom