Been in oz just over two years (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
On the 3.01.14 my wife & I had been in Oz for 2 years, we stayed in Adelaide for 10 months before being offered the chance to move onto Perth, this is definitely home for us now.

We were told by a lot of people that Oz works best if you are willing to put the effort in, I totally agree that the more you put in, the more you get out.

If anyone is thinking of coming then I urge you to take the leap of faith, you will never look back, you will have up's & down's but you just learn from them, I just wish I could have come out ten years ago.

If anyone wants any information then I will try to answer any questions that you have, over the last two years I've had a lot of questions via pm & I've answered them all to the best of my ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How long did it take to get your visa's Orac and did you have a job lined up before you got out there. Did they take any of your qualifications into account.

We applied in August & were granted our visa in December, the company sponsored us, so I had a guaranteed job for at least 4 years at the going rate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad it worked out orac beats this wet island your missing nish here mate enjoy!!!

Glad ur doing well mate I've actually got relatives in adalaide (the godmother I've never met lol) think it's the sticks out there i wished I had gone with my parents years ago till I saw some pictures of the visitors they had during the nights Fook that spiders galore and other sods prob dens paradise I think

I've got two spiders from oz already bob, so a few more wouldnt harm. Would love to get out there but i need the 457 full visa cos im over 30, and i need enough cash for minimum living expenses, which im not sure how much that would be.

I've got two spiders from oz already bob, so a few more wouldnt harm. Would love to get out there but i need the 457 full visa cos im over 30, and i need enough cash for minimum living expenses, which im not sure how much that would be.

hswt spelled it out for me with Regard to earnings ie with the tax and cost of living etc is it worth it as the great thread before says

For me it would be pukka even if I could break even for the exp but in ur situation den I honestly think London would be a better option a) it's only a few hours to see the wife and kids b) you could get digs for a ton and c) you could meet me Fred and Phil every week then lol

Nah gospel den think that's ur best option and a safer one, I mean don't get me wrong I'm sure you would crack it anywhere mate but safety first

Your right pal i would crack it anywhere i go, cos i always give 100%. But you could be right ol londonnstan may be the best, like you say get to see phil and fred every day, dont think i could cope wi you thou....lol lol.
Have sent my cv to phil so hopefully something will come of it.

Looking to come over

Hi orac,
I'm currently in Adelaide I've been travelling I can get my working visa accepted in minutes I was gona try come out last January but instead changed to a e visitor visa and cancelled my working visa. I'm English part 2 scaffolder over 8years in the game now but looking to come back in May hopefully for work. Can u recommend anyone in Perth to contact for work??? Thanks

All right mate av been in Australia for just over a year now av worked in perth and am now in darwin do you know any company's who are sponsoring lads got my advanced tickets and ewp as well

Hi i myself am looking to move to Oz Can you give me some details about how to go about it?
I'm 26 with a wife and 18month old son, Nothing in Britain anymore for the wee man so wanting to move for a better life for him. You know of any good companies etc?
Email me @ dean.thomson@sky.com, Hope to hear from you soon and happy for you out there. Thanks

You should give Australia house a call dean,could give you info on required trades,perhaps look for companies willing to sponsor. Not easy to get into oz,back door thru nz could be an option. good luck pal.

Frederik, thanks for the reply, what is australia house?? Will it be hard with being under 30? My wife has also started a beauty therapy course think this is on the shortlist is it? Would this also help? The only downfall is her course could take upto 2 years?
Thanks again all info much appreciated

Dean, you got it all going for ya really, oz generally welcomes young familys, english speaking,your age is a bonus. Google australia house london,give you all the info you want.
Theres a few on here could give you better info. havvaspannawilltravel , celtic. a pm should get a reply. you could consider a years working visa with a view to stay. good luck buddy.

Appreciate the info, I'd jump on a plane tomorrow if I could have it my way but the wife doesn't want to go without a qualification of some sort.... Should have done this years ago rather than clubbing and pissing about at 25.... Nothing I can do now the woman has a ring, haha thanks again, anymore info is appreciated

They have some funny rules about emmigrating to oz. Got a mate who had to pay a massive deposit something like 10grand then he got stuck in some small town that needed populating,had to stay for 2 years to qualify for citzenship. The 10grand was to offset any unemployment periods. A sponsor would be ideal,as for tickets oz has a its own,so may have to do an assessment over there. Not unusual,as this applies to other trades. 2 years will soon go by. You wont look back once settled.

Hi buddy, do u know of any work in aus at the moment, I am currentley livening in the uk but it's a dream of mine to come over to aus with my fiancé and 2 year old boy, but not sure how to go about things , thanks in advance for any info u can give, cheers danny

The only company i know of in Oz that sponsor UK scaffs is Caledonia scaffolding, they as far as i know are the only company who have a labour agreement in Oz, they have offices in Adelaide SA & Perth WA, google them & ask the question.

Top Bottom