Who are you with? (2 Viewers)

aom

Reaction score
I noticed we don't have an insurance sponsor, which is a pity as I appear to be having a bit of trouble with mine lately. My liability insurance runs out at the end of the month but we have been given till the end of the week, the 3rd I think it was to either except the quote or get another insurer. I was a wee bit disappointed when they charged me an extra £500 for an old Astra van to be added to my fleet policy, they then hit me with the knockout blow when they tried to tell me my premium is set to rise around 20% this year despite never having a claim in 13 years(touch wood). Is anyone else getting hit or is it just me?

I noticed we don't have an insurance sponsor, which is a pity as I appear to be having a bit of trouble with mine lately. My liability insurance runs out at the end of the month but we have been given till the end of the week, the 3rd I think it was to either except the quote or get another insurer. I was a wee bit disappointed when they charged me an extra £500 for an old Astra van to be added to my fleet policy, they then hit me with the knockout blow when they tried to tell me my premium is set to rise around 20% this year despite never having a claim in 13 years(touch wood). Is anyone else getting hit or is it just me?

same with car insurance's there going up regardless of no claims if you stay with your current insurance company not every 1's found this but a few people i know have . the best thing to do is go with some 1 eles even a renewal quote sent threw the door will be beaten by then online dont ask me why happend wid the aa i had a renewal quote so cancled it and when on comparacent site found it was the cheapest and also a few 100 quid cheaper than my renawal quote makes no sence at all

Yeah, maybe marra. Just annoying though, they price on ability to pay instead of risk.

yes we had the same this year, i had a claim 2,year ago and they paid someone out £1750, so it when up £2000, this year it was going to go up another £1000, i may as well paid for the repairs to the other motor my self.

Which is the main reason I wouldn't bother ever claiming at that level, as you say you are as well sorting things like that out yourself.

What about your liability B-Safe, that is my main concern?

Aom fuk em off and go with someone else plenty of firms who will insure reputable firms like yours..surely they just trying it on?

My sentiments exactly JP. I will admit to taking my eye off the ball as they are a local broker but reckon they have also started taking our business for granted. I will call a few Monday.

A company i was with a few years ago shopped around and virtually halved their Premium and increased their liability cover at the same time. It is worth shopping around a little before renewals are coming up.

We're with aviva alister - no big raise for us & no age limit on the drivers covers
3 lorrys,2 vans, 1cabstar,1 navarra & 2 non commericals @ 2.5k
Only one minor scrape last year but didnt effect the premiums

Found NFU to be very competitive and flexible - well worth a call try your local NFU broker

I must admit, I have heard the NFU are quite good.

SP, the vehicle fleet whilst it was the first time I even bothered looking at insurance is not the real problem as the Mrs usually deals with it. It's my liability that's the main concern just now. It's too late for the fleet but it will get switched next year, but my main concern is finding a reputable liability insurer at very short notice.

Thanks Rigger, she who must be obeyed will get right on the case.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Just had a look at your link Rigger, it's for office based professionals, we are neither office based or professional.:laugh:

Aom there will be a lot of people getting a shock with ther insurance I have been getting quotes for a 3.5 t daf convoy 8 years Ncb at around £1000 a increce of £400 .i only pay £800 for 7.5 ton.its a pi ss take.at the moment Aviva seems the best .still trying a few more will post the results on hear

Well we changed to a limited company last year and have been in the process of renewing the policies.

On average the 7.5t wagons are £1000, 3.5t Transit is £800 & PL/EL for 4 employees is £2800

Money for old rope this insurance lark. What with HMRC with their hand in your pocket it starts to make it all not worth it!!:mad:

Well we changed to a limited company last year and have been in the process of renewing the policies.

On average the 7.5t wagons are £1000, 3.5t Transit is £800 & PL/EL for 4 employees is £2800

Money for old rope this insurance lark. What with HMRC with their hand in your pocket it starts to make it all not worth it!!:mad:
Who is your transit insurance with thanks gary

Like i said earlier aviva seemed to give the best value for money but tbh you only really find out when you need to claim

Top Bottom