Why a podger/ratchet spanner ?? (1 Viewer)

fat boy

Reaction score
Whats the point of a podger ratchet spanner guy Im blond Sorry:sad2:

I see your point lol

no but relly why use one as you have a scaff spanner on your belt??

They do come in handy if you are doing a lot of beam work or trying to tighten up a fitting in a awkward place like behind a beam in a tight corner.i think every squad should have a ratchet and an open end spanner.
Im not trying to justify the bob the builder mob with every tool going hanging on his belt ;)

A podger is handy on civil engineering sites for tightneing loosening, levering combisafe panels, k-guard panels into place, or moving a DH clip when you need to get a peri bracket in!

every other day i use mine there the scaffolders wand!! you always need it when you havent got it !! you must have to much open space fatboy:laugh:

Get the silver line open ended one on cost £8/10 that's what I use paid £50 for the alloy ratchet years ago got nicked about a week later:mad::mad::mad:

:laugh: I did the same with a titanium spanner, went to breakfast and when I came back it had been nicked out of my belt. Will never buy one again.

:laugh: I did the same with a titanium spanner, went to breakfast and when I came back it had been nicked out of my belt. Will never buy one again.

I was gonna invest in titanium spanner as I've had same type for 6years or so ( leaches traditional spanner) think ill stick now, unless i buy some of that stuff that they use in them old James Bond films some sort of blue dye/ invisible ink so who ever nicks it will get all over there hands so you'll know who's had it, just don't let the other boys use it lol:bigsmile:

19/21 podger ratchet.. does three jobs in one.. well four-you can scratch the centre of your back nicely....

Podger is about the shape of the handle, it is also called Tapered, and in China, we also call it "sharp handled".

For ratchet, it includes hex ratchet head, and bi-hex ratchet head, but there are more kinds, I just deal with thest two kinds of ratchets.

It is very important for spanner to meet the torque requirement when it is applied into work, in order to obtain this, you need to use proper material with necessary technical process, like heated, forged, while its accessories must be matched, so its torque performance can be guaranteed.

Hope above helps, welcome any feedbacks!

Top Bottom