spanners (1 Viewer)

fat boy

Reaction score
Im going to ask this but its properly been asked to death

why do scaffolder need such dear spanners priory ect

i use to have a poker handle scaff spanner only cost £15 on ebay and loved it even scaffolders i know said its just like theres light nice feel handle ect but as i said why the need for £40 £50 spanners??? its not like your going to hand off it

just asking i had mine for a long time till it got nicked

i use to have a poker handle scaff spanner only cost £15 on ebay and loved it even scaffolders i know said its just like theres light nice feel handle ect but as i said why the need for £40 £50 spanners??? its not like your going to hand off it

My tools were alot of money, maybe £350-£400? including belt, frogs etc.
(bought over the course of several years)

Dont mean mine are better then yours, i just fancied getting all titanium and ally tools. Nice and light. ;)
Had my belt over 10 years, still in very good condition.

If they last, they are well worth spending good money on them.
Even tools that cost £1000 pounds are a fair investment, imo.
You get 10+ years outta them, whats that?? like £2 a week? peanuts, if you ask me.

More importantly then tools - boots.
I think a Scaffolder MUST have decent boots, as we're walking about all day.

Spanners are only as good as the man turning them. I go for a chunky heavy handle and a bi hex box. Think I last paid £25.00 each.

Bi Hex for me an all, I forked out £80 a good few years ago on a titanium spanner, got nicked out of my belt when I went to dinner on a job in Ireland. Never again. Also you need to bash a fitting every now and then and you ain't doing it with Ally or Titanium now are you?

No. I carry a club hammer about with me.
Kinda like Thor. :cool:, my man-crush hero. :eek:

ally titanium nice and light + club hammer ugly and heavy

Designer scaffs now fb. get em from scewfix for a tenner,if ya want chunky.

Any tradesman will tell you, cheap tools are not the answer especially if you plan to be using them for years. I have had to replace the odd bubble as they do get dropped from time to time, and I have lost the odd podger in the big blue skip offshore but most tools stay in your belt for years, they are not a fashion accessory, so get a good one.

Interesting page here i have read sll posts of this page because i have no information about the topic before .I think its a good place to collect information about different scaffolding tools and its right use in practical life .However before joining this forum i have visit a website are also full with informative knowledge like that .

They may think high price means high quality, and Safety is critical to scaffold, so high quality spanner can gurantee more to scaffolders.

£15/pc is a high price.

Top Bottom