Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vange scaffolding, Benfleet.

Thanks

Default Vange scaffolding, Benfleet.

Hi again fellas,

Anybody out there who worked for Vange in the early 70's when we ALL had a CEU card and there was still plenty of work for everyone. Anyone remember Micky Whatson, Alan Crumpton, Denis Donovon, Pete Chalmers, Alfie Roberts, Mac the steward, Paul Smith (Smiffy) Terry Molloy, Mickey Ring and brother Johnny ?
    Anybody worked the Tilbury power station for Vange ? Ah yes, Harrison Vanges foreman, couldn't put three words together without spitting in your face ?

Thanks if anyone remembers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to podgermad For This Useful Post:

eddiemur (5th June 2014)

essex Guest

mickey ring, i knew him when he was a supervisor on centurys then contracts manager, and because of him they went under, he is retired now, and best place for him, he was a proper driftwood.

Thanks

Yes I think he was a couple of years older than me. I got on OK with him but he was never really a mate. Neither was his half-brother Johnny Moore, who was an even bigger p**ce than Mickey. When I knew him he was only a fixed on SGB and then down on the Kellogg's site in Billericay.

Thanks

Alan/Dave Crumpton, micky Ring Rainhams,(PERFECT ) Peter Charmers, must be retired now last time i saw him was on D+R eastern, nice to hear old names.

Thanks

Default Alan Crumpton

Actually Alan, so I have heard from another source, died of a heart attack at least 3 years back. And Denis Donovan got himself shot for putting his podger where he shouldn't... but that is not confirmed

Thanks

I'm too young to remember him in the 70s as I was still swimming in Me dads ******** but Pete chalmers is still doing the rounds on the agencies pretending to be 10 years younger he mist be pushing 70 though looks no where near it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mdann For This Useful Post:

podgermad (26th April 2012)

Jason-Gibbs Guest

Micky Ring by all accounts is a Contracts Manager (along with Bryan Hopson) on Admiral Scaffolding, after Century Scaffolding went under and got overtaken by Admirals.

He stitched me and Essex up for a price about 8 years ago in Wanstead... proper had us over.

Remember that Dal? - poxxy £800 quid for about 90 square inc. Beams and a 13ft x 35ft Tower?

Id have tipped it back, but i was given a new 'revised' price AFTER it was all struck and on the lorry...

Hes a f.ucking prick, imo...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason-Gibbs For This Useful Post:

podgermad (26th April 2012)

Thanks

Thanks for that mdann. They'll have to bury Peter under a pile of boards when he kicks it, so he don't pick his tools up again. When I knew Peter, when he shaved his beard off he looked 5/6 years younger and he could only have been 25/30 then. If ever you see him tell him Smiffy from Dagenham says hello. We worked together on the Kellogs site, I think it was for Total oil and also at the IPLC hotel site at Russel square. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Thanks Jason, yes he was never a mate of mine either. Always me me me. Although he was a good scaff in his 20's. As Dagenham was one of the rare branches of the CEU, after part of the AEU, to have scaffs in its ranks I'd see him at meetings from time to time. Thanks again for the info.

Thanks

i new most of them we all worked on the construction off littlebrook power stn,your right we was all members off the ceu dagenham branch or scaffolders branch at aldgate,allan crumpton j more m ring ive bumped in to them a few times all so see dennis donnavan in a chinky in romford about a year ago

Thanks

I seem to remember Dennis Donavon on the Grain or should I say Treasure Island he was foreman for Babcocks before Vange took over: I was long gone by then. but its good to hear the CEU mentioned again, Buffallo Bill was the Steward great bloke, and Was it Joe Fairy his deputy, great laugh with Dagenham and Canterbury boys sorry names all gone but good memories out the gate for £1.08.
    Scaffolding Its another world

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast