Part 1 no experience! (1 Viewer)

Wass1985

Reaction score
Shjsididjjdbeididjbdsixnegeosmeuekxndhhshdhbhbdhjjsjsjejsnevfdkbysnvskbsimehgsjney

Last edited:
Where you doing the course mate ?

Gggcgknvvhhhvgjufdungfvddu

Last edited:
Why are you going for your Part 1 with NO experience at all???
Surely you need to spend some time Labouring to get a grasp of the job?

And before you say that you have Laboured on site before... ---> Scaffolding Labouring, is far far more 'complex' then just sweeping up and picking up the odd fitting.

You need to learn exactly how a job goes up and what fittings a Scaffolder needs and why they are using that type of fitting, in that particular place, as well as tying tubes off on a Ginny Wheel and loading a Lorry correctly, blah blah blah.

Where i think that its good that your keen to get qualified in Scaffolding and you have shown initiative, you do need to start off at the bottom and start properly Scaffolding Labouring for about 2-3 years before you even think about doing your Part 1.

If you think that by getting your Part 1 you can turn up on site and start fixing, your not only going to be found out VERY quickly, you could also be putting people lives in danger. If you put up a bad job and others work on it and it collapses, they could be very seriously injured or even die.

My advice?
Save your Part 1 money, get a good pair of boots and a nice few pairs of gloves and get a job Scaffolding Labouring and in a few years, you should be properly ready for your Part 1.

The part 1 will help me get a job surely, I obviously would start off labouring. Finding jobs this day and age is hard enough with your tickets I bet

True enough, i suppose.
But with extra tickets = extra responsibility.

You'll just have to be honest with your boss and tell them why you got your Part 1, when you intended to start Labouring.

Yes obviously I would do that as it would save embarrassment on both parts lol. I wouldn't dream of getting into a situation without prior knowledge and confidence. I'm leaving a pretty decent job to get into this so I'm not taking it lightly.

Can i persuade you to stay in your 'decent job'?

Scaffolding aint fun atm mate. Not with the constant squeezing from the HSE and their silly bullshiit rules and with the amount of cheap Foreign Labour coming in to the game, ruining it for youngsters coming though.

Its tough Scaffolding in this day and age.

If your a gluten for punishment you could always get Married?
It might be less stressful and less painful in the long run, lol.

No sorry I've had enough of working with certain people. Plenty of my mates are now scaffolders and they haven't looked back

Good look in trying to come in to a trade wot is dog eat dog at the min hardly no work around. I'd stay we're you are no experience no contacts of jobs in this trade you could be making a massive miss judgment. Best of look if you do go for it.

I've been offered a job at the end of feb, be nice to get a little labouring experience till then mate

Good luck to you mate,but the lads are rite this industry of hours is on it's knees,with the tickets you have there are easier ways to make a living and a new start in this game does no earn very much ,the money comes with experience.all the best anyway mate.

I think he means that your more then likely as good as a Labourer with a Part 1 ticket already, so you might aswell get the ticket yourself anyway. :)

Thats what i think Alan meant anyway, lol.

18 months m8 but u can renew it for another 18

If the ticket helps me get a job that's all that counts

You'll be on it with my labourer then, he's at Astra Mon...

Top Bottom