Smuggler's scaffold company goes bust (1 Viewer)

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Smuggler's scaffold company goes bust Jun 19 2011 Sunday Mail

A scaffolding firm linked to millionaire crime boss James Nisbet has gone bust owing money to the taxman.

Amp Scaffolding (Scotland) Ltd was forced into liquidation months after Nisbet, 61, sold it.

The taxman took the firm, based in Cleland, Lanarkshire, to Hamilton Sheriff Court over unpaid debts.

But Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs officials will not reveal how much they are owed.

Last month, we revealed that a five-year HMRC tobacco smuggling probe into Nisbet had sensationally collapsed.

He was arrested in 2006 as investigators tracked three million smuggled cigarettes across Scotland, England and Ireland.

But the Crown Office dropped charges against the crime boss without any explanation.

Now HMRC have successfully petitioned to put the scaffolding firm into liquidation.

Nisbet, speaking at AMP's office, said: "I've got nothing to do with the company as I sold it to Drew Dingwall a couple of months ago.

"He's out on a job but I also have an office in here."

Last week there was a major fire at the industrial estate where AMP are based.

Hmrc said: "We can't say how much is owed. It's confidential."

Seen this firm down our way on a few different contracts, seemed ok. Shame if they have finally gone bust but most likely turn up with another name.

is it the same amps scaffolding that used to do all the electric cable works over roads and stuff for the electric board

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

also very strange that someone buys a company then goes bust within few months

That amps super was based doncaster way i believe , used to do a few powerstations blue and red gear

That amps super was based doncaster way i believe , used to do a few powerstations blue and red gear

Burgundy and a powder blue. from Donney. done Dungy 95 - 97, Rocky ran the job, dont know what the Scotland connection is, old man Amps must be dead now.

their main office is in england birmingham i think so there may be a connection there,mannie u may also be right bout drews brother as thats where hes from i believe some outfit this is fly by night not the word lol.

Whatever happened to isg from wales that was on dungy late 90s

Whatever happened to isg from wales that was on dungy late 90s

Was told they had gone to the wall ages ago ? dont know if anyone else has any info.:wondering: started as a labourer for them at Dungy that would have been 95 - 97, then it was AMPS after that, got the years wrong on my other post.:bigsmile:

My mate mark wood was over there then , nick harrison and tristam as well

My mate mark wood was over there then , nick harrison and tristam as well

Mark, Grant Tristam Wood and Nick Harrison and a Mark Goffee all from Hastings way. is it tristam that has a bit of a fetish for amputees:weird::confused::confused:

Yes thats the man , still dies his hair too

Top Bottom