Thailand scaffolding jobs. (1 Viewer)

woodsie

Reaction score
:blink1:Hello all, moving to Thailand next year and wondering what scaff courses would be beneficial for me to do. Currently part 2 and going to do the old supervisour course and offshore BOISET/MIST. Would like to do the Advanced but to much hassle to complete the portfolio, probably never get it done.
Any advice would be great,, specialy if there are anyother scaffs in Thailand that could give me some advice. I know there are a lot of petrol/chemical projects going on near Chonburi but willing to travel. We will be based in Chiang Mai.

I know what you mean, most use bamboo scaffold and ive seen some right abominations from tube n fitting but there are also a lot of oil companies out there and companies such as hurtel and cape to name a few.
There`s offshore work in chonburi but ive heard its nearly impossible to land one of them jobs.
Any guys living outhere n working out side the country, short contract middle east offshore work etc?

Last edited:
haha yeh i was expecting an answer like that sooner or later lol

Hi Woodsie,

It will be nearly impossible to get work inland scaffolding. Thai's really only use Thai labour, and a work permit will be hard to get. Teaching English you may stand a chance, but any form of manual construction, no chance. Most of there scaffolding is bamboo, and stripping out brings a whole new meaning to "bombing," in the road, cars driving over it, hitting parked cars, total crazy. Health and safety in the North and North East is unheard of. I showed some lads to catch and stack, to make life easier, they thanked me with a bottle of Thai wiskey (rocket fuel) all got pi***d as farts, and they just carried on striking lol.

I know mate i lived there for 4 years teaching english but just wondering if there is any work offshore or if any lads live there and work abroad some months of the year.
A company called foster wheeler was advertising for scaff supervisour in Chonburi recently.
Just like to hear from any scaffs if any living out there.

i tried to apply for them, they asked what i wanted, i ended up laughing my self out their bangkok office, they wanted to pay me buttons thai salary, i tried for months with the outfits out their and got sick ov trying, so had to travel out of thailand for work

might be best off trying seek.com and try get on a oz rig , then its just a short flight into bkk ,

Work in Thailand (Pattaya)

Up until Feb 2008, DSL had a business operating mainly onshore (Rig Yard) in Pattaya. They employed around 800 staff. When Siteserv bought DSL the operation in Thailand was not part of the deal and has continued independently ever since. I do not have any contact details or the current name of the company( if it was changed post 2008). They did employ Brits on the scaffold side of the business. Sorry if this info is rather vague, just hope this helps.

Thanks for that neilb i`ve seen DSL`s website, interesting to see that they employ/employed brit scaffs so there maybe some hope yet, do you know what the rotation would be on these sites coz would like to spend time off with family hence why looking for offshore work or work with some kind of rotation.
As wraggy said it does`nt really matter if its in Thailand so long as its not to much of a long flight coz when your out in the sea doesnt really matter which country your in.
As for Oz i used the one year working visa about 8 years ago so not sure if they`d issue another one.

We used to work with a bloke who moved out there...he used to work at dsl Bournemouth then sgb..he got a scaffolding supervisor job not sure where..he's called kenny Wilde top bloke from Manchester...I don't have his contact details anymore but mite be worth phoning sum firms out there and asking for him...he would help anyone out great bloke...if u do find him let me know..wud love to say hello

i tried dsl why i was living out there but never got much joy all depends what rigs they have in

Sounds like working in another country and flying in on rotation is the only option or get lucky with DSL.

nearly all scaffolding supervisors posts are run by the aussies,not much chance for expats to get work other than supervisory.i have a contact on facebook who i share work with in the UAE he is well got in that part of the world ,his name is russell mason if you want to contacthim for information,tell him denis give you his name
good luck

hi my name is richard

this maybe along shot but i am lookinng for a scaffolder in koh samui

forget uk money ,preferably someone who already lives here

is it you or do you know someone age is no problem

send an email

just had e mail from pal in aussie maybe worth a speculative cv.
post your own discussions.

Madhab

Myanmar: many positions for Offshore Platforms & Onshore Pipeline Project ; Bangkok: Engineering Manager (Fabrication Yard - Shop DWG,& MTO, etc.), Contract Manager (Fabrication Company)

Dear All,
We are looking for:
(1) Engineering Manager (Fabrication Yard - Shop DWG,& MTO, etc.),
(2) Contract Manager (Fabrication Company):

The above positions are based in a Fabrication Company, located near Bangkok.

Salary - 200,000 THB per month / USD 6500 per month.

Joining Date: July / August 2011.

Thai national preferred.

Please visit Oil & Gas Job: Singapore India Thailand Myanmar Vietnam Indonesia Malaysia Cambodia Bangladesh to send your CV.

Please also note that we are looking for people for all disciplines, all levels for new projects: (1) Onshore pipeline ; (2) Well-head Platforms; (3) Offshore Pipeline projects. Joining date: July 2011 onwards.

Please visit Oil & Gas Job: Singapore India Thailand Myanmar Vietnam Indonesia Malaysia Cambodia Bangladesh to send your CV.

Wish you good luck.

Best Regards

HR - Team
MiTA Services Pte Ltd.

Oil & Gas Job: Singapore India Thailand Myanmar Vietnam Indonesia...mitaservices.com.sg

JOB: Oil & Gas, Renewable Wind Solar Energy: Engineer Manager Consultant Expert: Project Planning Engineering QA QC Installation Construction R&D Business Development Executive : Offshore Platforms , Pipelines , Onshore...

1 day ago

Interesting post, we wont be moving out there until a year September, just looking at whats available at the mo. As for working for Thai money I already lived there for 4 years straight ( no trips home) teaching English so this time around i`d like an International job with decent money. Been scaffolding all my life except for the 4 years out teaching (CISRS part 2) so this seems the only avenue for me to make real money and will be doing the offshore stuff n scaff supervisour before going back.
Thanks for the posts which will come handy in the future.

Top Bottom