i need advice (1 Viewer)

J

jb78

:huh::confused: i have the SVQ level 2 in scaffolding which i got 12 years ago (the svq is the part that is your portfoilio , evidence of the modules that make up the part 1 and 2) I did the part 1 in november and asked the instructors , what do i do now , one thought that i would do the part 2 , then i could get my basic card , another thought that i would need to do the part 2 , then the portfolio and one day assessment.

over the past year i have been buying my way back into this game/industry , but its hard paying courses when u have no job , ive just had to cancel the part 2 as i dont have the cash at the minute

i do not know what i have to do , but this determines whether i stay in the game or not , if i need only the part 2, then i can continue , if i need part 2 ,portfoilio, one day ass , then this means my offshore certs will run out before i can be a part 2 and get back offshore , which means it was all for nothing.

ALL and ANY advice is welcome. thanks

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

anybody?

not bad m8 , much u earned out of scaffolding , coincidentally i used to work for mcdonalds in invergordon , ever heard of them m8 , a real scaffolding firm , U ****

get a loan after all its an investment in ur own life fella i paid for all my own courses and yea u hsave to do part 2 then portfolio the 1 day but u shud have time inbetween then try a company cally smpany asscessment they did my portfolio for me and it cost fkk all as it was by a grant and failing that just apply for another card

the master , u could not even spell Kwikstage when u wrote it , MASTER OF FUCKALL

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

i wish it was that easy , i dont understand why id need the portfoilio, thats what the SVQ is , and i have it already , i will have to e mail cisrs , like i say , one instructor says yes , one said no

kenny hands smpany assecessments 07939273608 they are based in the midlands but still maybe able to help or tell u what gants are about and on the plus all i did for portfolio was copy another took me two days to do it but hope this helps

thanks m8 , my problem is the 1 day ass , u go away after the part 2 to gain experience and collect the evidence of the different scaffolds that make p1 and p2 for the portfolio , then u go for the i day ass to prove you have gained experience and the portfolio evidence means u get the basic card.

now with me having the qualification that is the portfoilio(evidence of all modules in p1 and p2) why i would i need the portfolio , surely id just need the cisrs training courses to go with the SVQ , then get a basic card.

ring the citb and ask them then jb but also try safety and access for a second opinion as im not sure oh and safety and acc have got a deal on atm 500 for ya part 2 half course in funded atm

500 , thats great , even if id to go to england and stay , i might save some cash , thanks , just off out to do some robbing to pay for it , lol

Don't go robbing just yet JB as I think you just need the training and away you go. Obviously I am no expert but we had a similar situation with one fella who had a score card. They could take the card off him but they can't remove your svq after it's awarded. I also can't remember when things changed exactly but it took me a long time to get from part 1 to advanced and by the time I did it had all changed and they were not sure how to deal with how I had the old part 2 without the assessment when on the advanced course, they eventually made me and another guy do the part 2 assessment halfway through our advanced course even although we already had the card but it brought us on to the new scheme. How did you manage to get an svq without the training?

the place where i gained the SVQ LEVEL 2 was awarded/given the ability to train scaffs by cisrs then it was withdrawn , i am one of only a handful of people who got it , because £12,000 was paid for me to go this place for training. They just churned out hundreds of uncarded guys who populate the scaffolding companies of glasgow , The name of this scummy prick was bob kilpatrick , who used to run interslave/kwikform , and his **** of a wife ran the shitehole im talkin about , these ***** swallowed up large amounts of public money and couldnt even give decent training for it.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

i believe cisrs accreditation was withdrawn due to the building not meeting specs for the hanger but also due to the place being a shitehole for slave labour for kwikform

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

i was hopin you could shed some light on this problem of mine aom , thanks for your input

just though id refresh this thread to see if theres any other advice or opinions on my situation ,, i cant ask cisrs until monday , so hoping maybe someone knew of someone in a similar position. thanks

im sure you can just go straight to your assessment mate,had a mate in a similar situation and as long as he had his nvq and work based evidence they put him through two seperate day assessments,one i think was to sort out his paperwork the other a practical,can pm you the training centre he went through if you like;)

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

also the 6 month waiting period between part 2 and final assessment is down to the guy that trains you,if he sees your competant and hes not a **** he can recommend you go through to your assessment the next day practically,if he is a ****,go to a different training provider and they arent arsed if its 6 months or not,chancers will be found out on the day anyway,,,i got a 150 quid difference from one provider to the other so shop around:bigsmile:

the master , **** you , you prick , i was lookin for helpful advice , not to be fuckin slagged , go on then you prick , where u workin just now , and where have you been , lets hear it all from a successful guy, bring it

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

4 fuckin posts uve made u **** , you said in 1 , everybody was pathetic , another u called people fannys , another u couldnt spell kwikstage even though u like it , and now ure here to slag me , for what , who am i to u , nothing just jb78 , but you thought it would be good to tell someone looking for advice to go and work in mcdonalds , what a guy u are

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

thanks joebag , for helpful advice , its ***** like the master who get on in life , i know the sort

get a loan after all its an investment in ur own life fella i paid for all my own courses and yea u hsave to do part 2 then portfolio the 1 day but u shud have time inbetween then try a company cally smpany asscessment they did my portfolio for me and it cost fkk all as it was by a grant and failing that just apply for another card

Good advice.
Thats what i would do.

The Master Sounds A Decent Bloke, NOT, What A Tosser Shitbag.The Mans Only Asking Advice On A Very Pertinent Subject, And If You Cant Give That Advice Then Dont Contribute.

Why u askin how much ive earned from scaffolding?u aint even got a job im paying for your ass just now so remember that!p.s i go on three hols a year n got a 30k motor in thr driveway of ma 200k hoose,enjoy unemployment you sponge

Pow!!! Pow!!!!

master.............. Remember what takes years to build can take minutes to crash..... jb78 has blood running through him like every one of us,have some respect you jumped up wa_ker.

Top Bottom